Tool to Restore File from External Hard Disk Drive
- Specially designed software to recover external drive data on both Windows and Mac OS
- Not only unerase external hard drive but also capable enough to recover data from USB
flash drives, memory cards and FireWire drives
- Option to preview recovered files prior to saving thus letting you judge the functionality
of the software
- Serves as media recovery software to recover deleted pictures from SanDisk Cruzer
Why go with the Drive Recovery Tool?
Both the Mac and Windows Recovery Software is backed by many awards and testimonials, which ensures their data recovery guarantee as well as customer satisfaction.
External hard disk drives are popularly used as they are extremely easy to handle and store data. Most of the people use external HDD to keep their important files as a backup. External hard drives come with small lucrative size and larger memory space capacity which ultimately attracts millions of users. They can be used both in Windows as well as Mac operating system. However, with the increase in the use of the external hard disk, the chances to lose data from it has also increased simultaneously. Sometimes, even silly things can make you lose your valuable data from the external hard drive. At this stage, it is really important for you to know the tactics to restore data from a external hard drive. Continue reading this page to find an effective way to recover the external drive files.
How to recover external drive on Mac?
Deleted or lost files from external drives such as USB hard drive, USB flash drive, FireWire drive, iPod, SSD, memory cards etc. can be easily recovered using the Recover External Drive tool. With its advanced scanning engine and facility to preview recovered files, this application is the best data recovery software available on the internet to retrieve files from formatted Iomega Minimax, Lacie, Buffalo, Samsung, WD, Seagate and other external drives. Mac users need not worry about their lost data from external drives or from Macintosh hard drive with the launch of this user-friendly software. This app restores data from external hard drive only in a few mouse clicks. It is the most amazing app to accomplish external hard disk recovery process.
This software will be the best choice if you are thinking how to recover files from bad external HDD that stops working sooner or later leading to loss of important files due to wear and tear, dust, heat, bad sectors, read/write head crash, expose to overheat, power outages, etc. Most of the times you lose data from the external hard drive after accidental deletion, formatting, reformatting or repartitioning errors, crash and other factors. In such cases, external hard disk recovery tool makes it possible to recover external HDD data on Mac OS X Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion machines. The advanced file scanning algorithms of this tool will recover external drive data successfully.
External drive recovery program for Windows
Recover External Drive for Windows is an advanced software to unerase lost data from external drives on PC's running on all major Windows OS. This software supports recovery from RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID 5 partitions that were formatted or deleted. By making use of the external hard disk recovery software, you can even bypass bad sectors by creating disk image files. You can simply download this application and use it on your Windows PC to restore data from Transcend external StoreJet drive. Whether you have accidentally deleted files on the USB drive or you end up formatting flash memory card of your digital camera, this software succeeded in retrieving data from any complex data loss scenarios. External Hard Disk Recovery tool even allows you to recover lost data after interrupted data transfer from external drive to PC.
Ten most probable reasons for data loss from external drives:
- Abruptly pulling data cable of external hard drive or ejecting USB flash drive from the computer during transfer of data
- Sudden formatting of external drives due to “Format errors”, when connected on a computer
- Deleting files on external hard drive or USB flash drive thinking that they will go in Windows Recycle Bin or Mac Trash
- Sharing of USB flash drive on different computers results in virus attack on the USB drive and hence data becomes inaccessible
- Files lost due to memory card corruption that might happen because of the faulty firmware of camcorder or digital camera
- Trying to copy multiple files on external drives without realizing free memory available
- Accidentally formatting external drive on your computer by using Disk Management utilities
- Virus or malware attack on the memory card of your cell phone during internet browsing leads to deletion of pictures and videos.
- Sudden system reboot when files are being copied from external hard drive to your computer or vice versa
- Trying to make USB flash drive as a bootable disk without copying its present files to some other storage location
Supported external drive manufacturers
- External Hard Drives: Seagate (FreeAgent, GoFlex, Expansion, Satellite, Replica), Western Digital (My Passport, My Book, Elements), LaCie (Rugged, Porsche, Minimus), Iomega (Prestige, eGo), HP (Pocket Media, SimpleSave), Buffalo (MiniStation, DriveStation), Hitachi (Touro, LifeStudio), Toshiba (Canvio), Apple (Time Capsule), IoSafe, Silicon Power, Transcend, Kingston, Imation, Fujitsu, Quantum, Samsung
- USB Flash Drives: LaCie (iamaKey, CooKey, XtremKey, FastKey), SanDisk (Cruzer, Ultra, Blade), Kingston (DataTraveler, HyperX), Corsair (Voyager, Survivor, Padlock), Transcend (JetFlash), HP, Sony (Micro Vault, Click, Tiny), Sea Tech, Lexar (JumpDrive, Echo), Panda, Centon, Imation (Swivel, Clip, Defender), HDE, Emtec, Patriot, ADATA, Toshiba, Verbatim, T&J, IronKey, Super Talent, Mimoco
- Memory Cards: ADATA (Turbo), Canon, Dane-Elec, Duracell, Fujifilm, Garmin, HP, Kingston (Ultimate, Standard, Elite Pro), Lexar (Professional, Platinum, Echo), Olympus, Patriot (LX Series, Signature), PNY (Pro-Elite, Optima), Samsung, SanDisk (Extreme, Ultra, Extreme Pro), Sony (Memory Stick), Transcend
Five simple steps for restoring data from the external hard disk drive
1) Download and install the Recover External Drive software on your system to recover external drive data.
2) Connect the external drive to the computer on which the software is installed
3) Open the software and select Recover Drives
4) Select your external drive from the list of available drives and press Next
5) Save the recovered files and folders to any of your desired storage locations
Note – Deleting files or formatting drives does not mean that data is lost forever. Only data entries in the file system are removed, hence data is still present on the drive and can be recovered with the help of data recovery tools. However, you should perform the recovery procedure as soon as possible because if you continue to use the drive from which you are looking to recover data then there are chances of overwriting of lost data with new files.
Useful tips to avoid loss files from external drive:
- Keep a backup copy of all important data before formatting a external hard drive.
- Do not save the disk image of your hard drive twice to your external hard drive in order to avoid data loss due to overwriting.
- Use updated anti-virus program always so that you can avoid any kind of interruption during the copying process.