Restore Data from a Corrupted External Hard Drive
Nowadays, external hard drives are extensively used to transfer, store and backup data. It is the best resource available to store massive data because it offers good features such as large volume, easy to move, portability, etc. Sensitive documents, movies, music files, images, and other backup files will be stored safely and securely in the external hard drive. Moreover, crucial data will be stored in an external hard drive and will be used only when it is needed, just by plugging external hard drive to the computer. But, sometimes there is a possibility of data loss issues due to various factors such as corruption.
Corrupt external HDD
The removable external HD drives are susceptible to corruption due to various reasons. A corrupt drive makes the data inaccessible or goes missing from the location. Some possible reasons that turn the hard drive corrupt include-
- Severe virus and malware threats
- Sudden system shutdown/power failure while transferring data from external hard drive to the computer
- Hard drive crash
- Formation of bad sectors on the portable drive
- Improper ejection of the hard disk
Well, there are some other scenarios whereby the hard drive data gets deleted- accidentally formatting external hard drive on your computer by using disk management utility, mistaken HD format, disk format errors, and so on. Now, have you lost files and folders from your external hard drive due to disk corruption or any other instances explained above? Then, here you have the best solution to retrieve data from the corrupted external hard disk.
How can I recover data from a corrupt external hard drive?
You can easily get off data securely from the corrupted HD by making use of the Recover External Drive software. It is an expert-recommended tool for retrieving files and folders from a damaged or corrupt hard disk. The tool uses efficient algorithms that extract drive data without modifying the original drive data. Recover external hard disk software will rescue data from different types of external hard drives such as desktop/laptop hard drive, portable hard drive, and network hard drive.
Note: Upon experiencing any data loss situation one must stop using the hard drive further for write operations. It is because the lost or deleted data on the HD resides in the same drive location until they are overwritten by new files. Adding new files will simply overwrite the data that you want to restore and hence the recovery turn impossible.
Excellent features of the corrupt HD data restoration tool
- Compatible with all editions of Windows and Macintosh machines. Read more about the Mac version of the software at http://www.recoverexternaldrive.com/mac.html
- Suitable to work with external drives that are formatted with FAT, exFAT, NTFS, HFS, and HFS+disk file systems
- Helps to get back files from Toshiba external hard drive, Seagate, Western Digital, LaCie, HP, Buffalo, Hitachi, Toshiba, Apple, ioSafe, Silicon Power, Transcend, Kingston, Imation, Fujitsu, Quantum, Samsung, etc.
- Retrieves more than 300+ file formats
- Also works with various other removable storage drives such as- USB drives, SSD, iPods, memory cards, and memory sticks
- You can visit www.recoverexternaldrive.com/retrieve-files-from-accidentally-formatted-iomega-minimax-external-hdd.html to get more information on how to retrieve files from accidentally formatted Iomega Minimax external HDD
- Facilitate you to restore data from corrupted external hard drive having bad sectors by creating the disk images
- The software will also recover files from bad external HDD that stopped working leading to loss of important files, due to wear and tear, dust, heat and bad sectors, read/write head crash, expose to overheat, etc.
Steps to recover corrupted external hard drive
Step 1: Launch the Recover External Drive software on your system and connect the corrupt drive to it.
Step 2: Select Recover Partitions option on the main window.
Step 3: Now locate the HD drive from the list of the attached drives. To initiate a recovery process, simply click on the Scan button.
Fig A: Main Window
Step 4: The software starts to extract data from the corrupt drive.
Fig B: Scanning in Progress
Step 5: Check for the retrieved files and folders under Data View and File Type View layouts.
Fig C: List of Restored Files
Step 6: You can choose to preview any of the files in the list. Then proceed to pick the recoverable files for saving.
Fig D: Preview Recovered Files
Step 7: Mention the drive location where you wish to save the files regained from the corrupt external hard drive. Press on the Save icon.
Fig E: Save the Recovered Data