Recover Deleted Videos from the External Hard Drive
External drives are one of the most commonly used data storage devices for maintaining the data backup, save files and also transfer large size data. These devices are capable to store various types of data files such as images, applications, videos, documents, Excel files, text files, audios, programs, etc. External hard drives are safe, secure, and have very high data storage capability. There are several world-leading manufacturers of external hard drives such as- Iomega, Transcend, SanDisk, Kingston, Dell, Quantum, EMC Corporation, Lenovo, Strontium, LaCie, Maxtor, Buffalo, HP, and Seagate.
Deleted videos from the external HDD
Besides all the remarkable functionality of the external HD drives, sometimes users experience the deletion of valuable videos and other media files. You might have a precious collection of the video files saved on the external disk but you might mistakenly delete or format the drive and lose them. You might not possess an additional copy or backup of the files that deleted. Some of the most common causes behind videos deletion from an external hard drive include-
- Accidental deletion: The most common reason behind video file deletion from an external drive is the wrong selection of the video files instead of choosing some other useless files. In this way, users encounter video deletion without verification. Videos deleted in this manner will not be moved to the recycle bin or trash folder (unlike file deleted from the system drive) but will be permanently deleted
- Formatting: The format command lets you completely wipe and reset the removable HDD. If the drive is unintendedly formatted then all the video files in it will be completely erased. Furthermore, even the format errors make users to forcefully format the disk in order to continue using it
- File system Corruption: If the file system of the external drive gets corrupted due to virus attack or any other malicious threats the drive data will remain inaccessible. To access external drive contents, users need to format it which is going to delete all the data along with the vital video file present in it
- Improper ejection: Forceful removal of the external HDD connected to the system will lead to conflicts in accessing the data. Even removal of the HD during the file transfer operation will also result in corruption issues
- Other reasons: Bad sector formations, unreliable third-party apps, software conflicts, partition corruption, etc. gives rise to loss of HD files
How to undelete videos from external hard disk?
To successfully retrieve deleted videos from the external drive, one should make use of the Recover External Drive program. This highly advanced tool can instantly get off all the deleted videos from the removable HD drive with ease. The efficient scan engine performs the restoration of all video file formats. The tool also supports the restoration of documents, images, audio, and other media files in a similar way. It is powerful enough to extract videos from all types (SATA, SCSI, IDE, and PATA) and brands of external HDD, system drives, USB drives, SSD, iPods, memory cards, etc. etc. To know about Iomega external hard drive data recovery, check this page: http://www.recoverexternaldrive.com/retrieve-files-from-accidentally-formatted-iomega-minimax-external-hdd.html
Recover External Drive tool is suitable to work with all disk file systems- FAT16. FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, HFS, and HFS+. This utility is capable to recover data from Mac as well as Windows operating systems. With the help of this easy-to-use tool, one can easily recover videos from the removable storage drive and preview them. The files regained after the scan process will be displayed in two distinct preview layouts (enabled in both trial and purchased version of the software).
Simple steps to recover deleted videos from an external hard drive
Step 1: Download and install the Recover External Drive software on your computer.
Step 2: Connect the external hard disk to it and open the software. On the main screen, select the Recover Partitions option.
Step 3: Locate the external HD drive from the list of all logical drives. Hit on the Scan button.
Fig A: Main Window
Step 4: The tool proceeds to scan the external drive for the deleted videos.
Fig B: Scanning in Progress
Step 5: The recovered videos and media files will be returned in a new window. Use the Data View and File Type View layouts to verify the data.
Fig C: List of Restored Files
Step 6: You can choose to preview the file items of your choice. Then mark the required videos for saving.
Fig D: Preview Recovered Files
Step 7: Mention a suitable drive location to save the undeleted videos from the external hard drive.
Fig E: Save the Recovered Data