Restore Files from Bad External Hard Disk
When you buy a new external hard drive, you expect it to be a durable backup device that lasts long for many years. But, external hard disk drives go bad and stops working for a number of reasons like wear and tear, dust, heat, bad sectors and the list goes on. If you prevent an external hard drive from going bad, you can save loss of important data and time as well as money that you would spend on recovering data after loss. Fortunately external hard disk exhibits unusual behavior before dying/failing, which corrected earlier can save all your data from getting lost. You might hear louder grinding, clicking noise or other noises, error messages or altered files on external HDD when you connect it to a computer for data access. Accessing files from external hard drive becomes extremely slow in such situation and leading to data loss/inaccessibility. You don’t want to lose the important personal or official files that you saved it for years when the external hard drive turns bad. What next? How can you restore files from bad external hard drive? Yes definitely, external drive file recovery software can help you to rescue your vital files in this situation. You can recover complete files lost/inaccessible from bad external HDD in without any difficulty. To know more about the software log on to http://www.recoverexternaldrive.com.
Most of the components in computer are electronic devices, which are less prone to failures like a mechanical device. But your hard drives are composed of many mechanical parts and platter holding the data, if any one part doesn’t work properly the entire hard drive may not function. It’s good to learn to identify the warning signs/ symptoms of external hard drive failures to protect the data before it could get lost from it. If you suspect that your external hard disk may be going bad, you can look for a few key signs as explained below:
- Strange Noises: Usually external hard drives make noise, but when it goes bad you notice weird grinding, humming or thrashing noises. This problem normally happens because of read/write head crash, mechanical or physical defects, frequent power failures, etc.
- Disappeared/altered data: You may find that file content, file names or other information on external hard drive are changed and files are refusing to open. Also you can notice missing of important files from external hard drive all of a sudden due to virus attacks, hard drive problems, human errors or other causes. In such cases, go for scanning external hard drive with a good antivirus program to remove harmful threats. If no viruses are found, then you need to understand that it is clear sign of hard drive failure that might strike very soon.
- Unrecognized External HDD: If your computer fails to recognize the external hard drive when you connect it for file transfer, then it means that there external hard drive has problems with it. If you think you have a problem with your computer, you can test your external HDD on other healthy PC.
- Slow Data Access: It should not take hours together to open files and folders from your external hard disk drive when you connect it to a computer, then it is going to fail within the duration of a month or two for sure.
- Disk Errors: A slight sign comes in the form of errors or warning messages from Windows PC when you attach an external hard drive for data access or transfer files. Your computer might pop up error message like “disk is not formatted, you want to format it now” and other errors due to bad sectors, file system corruption, incorrect formatting, etc. If you continue to meet with such errors, then you may suffer from data loss as a result of bad external hard drive.
When external hard drive goes bad it can lead to the loss of thousands of digital photos, movies, music, work documents, emails, softwares, games, interesting e-books and so on. Therefore it's better to take backup of your important hard drive data after experiencing any of the above mentioned symptoms and then start identifying the cause for it. Because after getting the above signs your external hard drive may continue to work indefinitely with unusual slow access times that can crash or stop working very soon. Despite the best efforts, external hard drives still fail irrespective of what the user does to prevent if from from going bad. This can occur due to excess heat, moisture, wear and tear, IDE/SATA wrong connection, repeated power outages, bad sectors, read/write head crash, aging of external hard drive and other logical/physical/mechanical problems. Hence, it is suggested to backup important files on a regular basis and when you lose data from hard drive, you can go for PC hard drive data recovery with the help of excellent external hard drive file recovery software.
Data recovery from bad external hard drive
- When you lose files from bad external HDD due to any of the above mentioned reasons, you opt for recovering lost files with the help of professional external hard drive file recovery software.
- It scans your bad external hard disk to identify and recover around 280 file types based on their unique file signatures.
- This advanced external hard disk file recovery tool is capable of rescuing lost data from external drive after accidental formatting, reformatting, re-partitioning errors on external hard drives, file system corruption, virus infections and other issues.
- If the external hard drive is affected by virus or damaged then there is a chance that device may show 0 bytes when connected to PC. In such case make use of this software that clearly explains you how toretrieve files from raw external hard drive.
- You can get back deleted, lost on inaccessible data from SATA, SCSI and IDE hard drives and external hard drives on both Windows and Mac computers.
- After a click on www.recoverexternaldrive.com/restore-lost-data-from-hitachi-external-desktop-drive.html, one can utilize this tool effectively in restoring lost files from Hitachi external disk drive when it goes bad due to some unfortunate situations and supports file recovery from various external hard drive brands such as Seagate, Iomega, Western Digital, Maxtor, LaCie, Lexar, Toshiba and others without taking much time.
- This hard drive recovery utility will let you perform data recvival from corrupted external hard drive, crashed, failed, dead or unbootable hard drive in an accurate way. Visit at www.recoverexternaldrive.com/corrupted-hard-disk.html, to know more about corrupted hard disk data recovery.
- Other than external hard drives, you will be able to get back lost/deleted files from USB drives, flash memory cards, iPods and FireWire Drives with ease.
- External hard drive file recovery software works compatibly on Windows 7, XP, Vista, Server 2003 and Server 2008 operating systems to get back lost files from the bad external HDD.
- Apart from Windows, you can use this tool to perform external HDD data recovery on Mac OS X Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion operating systems.
Steps to retain lost files from bad external hard disk drive:
1: Launch the installed demo version of external drive file recovery software on healthy Windows PC. Home screen appears with three file recovery options as illustrated in Figure 1. Choose the "Recover Partitions/Drives" recovery option. Select "Partition Recovery" option from next display screen and click Next button.
Figure 1: Home Screen
2: Software shows the list of drives from which it can recover data as illustrated in Figure 2. Select the connected external hard drive and click on "Next" button.
Figure 2: Select Bad External Hard Drive
3: Software starts scanning the selected external hard drive to locate and retrieve lost or inaccessible files. After completion of drive scanning, you will get list of recovered data from bad external HDD as illustrated in Figure 3. Select any file from recovered list and preview it. If you are satisfied with recovered results, buy the licensed version of the software to save recovered data.
Figure 3: Recovered Data from Bad External HDD