How To Recover Data From External Hard Drive Without Formatting?
“Hi, I am unable to access any of the files saved on my external hard drive. Whenever I try to read files from the HD, it asks me to format the external hard drive before I can use it. I don't wish to format the drive as it contains some essential files that I can't afford to lose. Can anyone suggest me a method to recover data from external hard drive without formatting?”
A common set of questions that might arise in every user who encountered a similar situation with the external HD drive would be- whether it is possible to get back all the data on the external hard drive securely without formatting it?. Is there any way to restore data from external hard drive without formatting? How to recover data from external hard drive without formatting? Which is the best software to recover data from external hard drive without formatting?
Well, the best possible way to perform data restoration from external hard drive without formatting is via Recover External Drive software. This program is designed using efficient algorithms that deep scans the drive showing errors and prompting to format the drive to use it further. Moreover, it works in read-only mode which ensures that your data is restored in the original format without any sort of modifications. So, you can download the Recover External Drive software and get back the files from the external hard drive without applying format. Even if you apply format on the drive mistakenly, data can still be retrieved until and unless you don't add any new files to the drive(after format).
Note: Saving new files on the formatted drive will overwrite the files that you are looking to restore.
Common causes for format errors with the external drive
- Severe bad sectors on the HDD
- Abrupt ejection of the external hard drive when connected to the system
- Errors and interruptions occurred while transferring files between external HD and the PC
- File system corruption
- Virus or malware infection
- Abrupt system shutdown while external hard drive is in use
All of these reasons give rise to the error message that forces you to format the external drive that contains your vital collection of files such as documents, pictures, audio, video, etc. Nevertheless, this award-winning external drive retrieval application will help you to securely extract all the files from the HDD in an effortless way.
Free External Drive Recovery Tool to Recover Files from External Hard Drive without Formatting
- The software is available in two versions, one is the demo and the other is the full version. In the demo version, you can freely restore the drive files and preview them. But the option to save the recovered files will be disabled however, you can save the recovery session for later use. So, you need to get the full version of the software to successfully save the regained data to the desired destination
- It also avails two different panes- Data View and File Type View to preview the files recovered from the external hard disk drive
- Capable of retrieving data from USB flash drive, memory card, memory sticks, SSD, iPods, and so on
- Supports the restoration of more than 300 file types- images, documents, audio, video, etc.
- Works efficiently on all editions of Windows and Macintosh OS X including the latest Windows 10, macOS High Sierra, and their previous versions
- This application is capable of retrieving data from the external hard drive of various popular brands such as Toshiba, Western Digital, Seagate, Iomega, Buffalo, Lexar, Samsung, LaCie, etc. with ease.
Steps to Recover Data From External Hard Drive Without Formatting
Step 1: Install the Recover External Drive software on your PC. Connect the external hard disk to it.
Step 2: Pick the Recover Partitions option from the main screen options.
Step 3: Browse the external drive from the list of available drives and hit on the Scan button.
Fig A: Main Window
Step 4: Wait for the program to complete the scan on the external HD.
Fig B: Scanning in Progress
Step 5: Check for the recovery results in Data View and File Type View layouts.
Fig C: List of Restored Files
Step 6: Confirm the files by previewing it.
Fig D: Preview Recovered Files
Step 7: Proceed to mention the drive location to save the files fetched from the external hard drive without formatting. Then click on the Save icon.
Fig E: Save the Recovered Data