Macintosh External Hard Drive Recovery
An external hard disk is a portable storage device helps to transfer and backup data on Macintosh machines. The hard drives support SATA, SCSI or IDE interfaces to connect the portable external hard drive for transferring files between different systems without using the network connection. Nevertheless, at many times, users experience loss of files from these external hard drive storage due to various reasons.
Major factors responsible for the loss of external hard disk data-
- Human Mistakes: We accidentally delete files from the external hard drive instead of unwanted files. Incorrect execution of cut and paste commands whilst moving files between computer and the external hard drive can lead to deletion of the valuable data
- Formatting the External Hard Drive: During the format process, you might select the wrong volume for formatting rather than choosing some other HD volume (Mac volume/external hard drive). Sometimes the external hard drive is intentionally formatted to get rid of corruption due to harmful threats, corruption, formatting errors, etc.
- Reformatting Process: Sometimes it is essential to change from one file system to another file system i.e. from HFS to HFS+ file system on Mac. Errors during the file system conversion due to sudden system shutdown or power fluctuations may lead to corruption of the existing partition thus resulting in data loss
- Repartitioning the External Hard Drive: When the size of an existing volume needs to be changed or a new partition needs to be created, repartitioning becomes necessary. The incorrect repartitioning process could hamper the data existing on the external hard drive volumes thus leading to the loss of files
- External Hard Drive Crash: Bad sectors, MBR corruption, virus attacks, file system corruption, disk/format errors and other conflicts can lead to failure of external hard drive thereby causing data loss
How can we get back external HDD files on Mac?
The data loss occurred due to any of the pre-mentioned scenarios can be successfully retrieved with the help of an appropriate data recovery tool. Data on the external drive that got deleted, lost, or formatted are not permanently removed from the drive location until they are not overwritten by new files. File recovery becomes difficult or impossible when lost file space on the external hard drive gets overwritten by new data. Therefore, you should stop using the external hard drive for a further write operation and immediately start using the reliable drive recovery app to retrieve the files from the external drive storage.
External Drive Recovery software for Mac
You can easily retrieve the portable hard drive data by making use of the Recover External Drive software. This tool is built using the powerful recovery algorithms that deep scans the HDD sectors and extracts complete data from it. The tool also provides an option to preview the rescued files on the preview window. the tool retrieves around 300 file types like MS Office documents, photos, videos, songs, emails, RAW images, games and so on. This program is suitable to work with both HFS and HFS+ partitions.
Recover External Drive software is compatible to run on all editions of Macintosh OS- High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Mavericks, Yosemite, Snow Leopard, Leopard, Mountain Lion, and Lion. You can install this application on your Mac machine and restore data from any brand of external hard drives like- Western Digital, Hitachi, Seagate, Samsung, Sony, Adata, Maxtor, Transcend, LaCie, Iomega, and many more. Apart from external HDD, it is capable to revive data from Mac volumes, USB drives, SSD, memory cards, iPods, and others. Furthermore, you can get the free demo version of this software for free. The trial version of the software lets you preview the recovered external drive data which you can continue to save to the desired location after purchasing the licensed version of the software.
- You can refer this URL- www.recoverexternaldrive.com/recover-data-lost-during-transfer-from-external-hard-drive-to-pc.html to learn how easily you can get off data from the HD drive that got lost whilst transferring files to the PC
- To get assistance while recovering Seagate HDD data, you can refer this link, http://www.recoverexternaldrive.com/seagate-hard-disk.html
Steps to regain data from the external hard drive on Mac
Step 1: Run the Recover Formatted software on your Mac machine after connecting the external drive to it.
Step 2: Open the recovery program and select the Recover Partitions option.
Step 3: Then you need to pick the drive location from where the files are to be retrieved. Press on the Scan button to initiate the recovery process.
Fig A: Main Window
Step 4: The program starts to scan the selected hard drive.
Fig B: Scanning in Progress
Step 5: The extracted data will be listed under Data View and File Type View layouts.
Fig C: List of Restored Files
Step 6: Preview the file items and mark the essential files for saving.
Fig D: Preview Recovered Files
Step 7: Specify the destination drive location to save the files retrieved from the external hard drive. Then hit on the Save button.
Fig E: Save the Recovered Data