Macintosh External Hard Drive Recovery
An external hard disk is a portable storage device that connects to a Mac computer for storing crucial files as an alternative to computer hard drives. Hard drives support SATA, SCSI or IDE interfaces connect portable external hard drive for transferring files from one Mac machine to another without using the network connection. External hard drives come with exterior covering, USB support and have high storage capacity as required by users. In spite of these advantages, data stored on external hard disk drive can get deleted, lost or become inaccessible due to some unavoidable circumstances or human mistakes. No need to worry!!! Don’t think that files are permanently deleted from external hard drive, they are still rescuable by using a good third party data revival software.
You might be confused about selecting appropriate tool that you see in the internet. Here is wonderful external drive recovery tool, designed with powerful scanning algorithms to scan external hard disk sector by sector and bring back complete data in a short span of time. You can preview the rescueed files on its user interface before saving them on to any safe location accessible by the host Mac operating system. This can also retain files lost during transfer from external hard drive to computer after interruptions as a result of the abrupt system shutdown, power outages, the sudden removal of external hard drive connection from Mac system, etc all at your fingertips. To perform this job easily, click on www.recoverexternaldrive.com/recover-data-lost-during-transfer-from-external-hard-drive-to-pc.html.
Possible factors behind the loss of files from external hard drives are as follows:
- Human Mistakes: Human errors are considered to the vital cause for data deletion/loss from external hard drives. You may accidentally delete files from external hard drive instead of unwanted files on a Mac computer. Incorrect execution of cut and paste commands for moving files between computer and external hard drive can result in deletion of important data.
- Formatting External Hard Drive: During the format process you might select the wrong volume for formatting rather than any volume of the hard drive/external hard drive on your Mac machine. Sometimes external hard drive is intentionally formatted to get rid of corruption due to harmful threats, corruption, formatting errors, etc.
- Reformatting Process: Sometimes it is essential to change from one file system to another file system i.e. from HFS+ to HFSX file system on Mac. Errors during the file systems conversion due to sudden system shutdown or power fluctuations may lead to corruption of the existing partition thus resulting in data loss.
- Re-partitioning the External Hard Drive: When the size of an existing volume needs to be changed or a new partition needs to be created, re- partitioning is done. Incorrect re-partitioning process could hamper the data existing on external hard drive volumes thus leading to the loss of files.
- External Hard Drive Crash: Bad sectors, MBR corruption, virus attacks, file system corruption, internal disk errors and other problems can lead to a crash or failure of external hard drive thereby causing external hard drive data loss.
Useful tips to follow after losing files from external hard drive:
Prevent using your external hard disk drive soon after losing valuable files due to any of the above mentioned reasons. Adding/saving new files onto an external hard drive can result in overwriting of deleted/lost file space on external hard disk with new file content. File recovery becomes difficult or impossible when lost file space on external hard drive gets overwritten by new data. Plug in and remove your external hard drive from a mac computer in a proper manner. Always scan your external hard drive to remove harmful viruses, malware and spyware. Download and install external disk recovery tool on healthy Mac computer and connect your external hard drive as the secondary storage drive to it. Launch the software, select it from the list of recognized storage drives and carry out data recovery process in few basic steps as shown by its interactive graphical interface. If you are satisfied with the revival results go ahead for saving the recovered external HDD files by buying the licensed version of the external drive recovery software.
External Hard Disk Drive Data Recovery on Mac
- This external drive recovery software is designed by a team of data recovery experts to rescue around 280 file types from external hard drive like official documents, photos, videos, songs, emails, RAW images, softwares, games and so on.
- Regaining lost or deleted, formatted, reformatted or corrupted partitions from external hard drive is now possible by using this excellent software.
- Get back files from Seagate external HDD after file system corruption, virus attack, bad sectores & accidental deletion with utmost ease. To get assistance while recovering Seagate HDD data, you can refer this link, http://www.recoverexternaldrive.com/seagate-hard-disk.html
- It also supports file revival from various types SATA, SCSI and IDE external hard drives and internal hard drives on Mac machines.
- This software can be used to undelete deleted, lost or corrupted data from FAT16, FAT32, HFS+ and HFSX formatted partitions/volumes .
- In addition, it can be used to get back data from external storage devices like USB drives, memory cards, iPods, FireWire Drives in few mouse clicks.
- You can do data recovery from formatted Iomega external HDD and from all popular external hard drive brands like Western Digital, Seagate, Hitachi, Maxtor, LaCie, Samsung, SanDisk, Transcend, etc.
- This software works compatibly on Mac OS X Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion system.s
- Apart from Mac, you can also get back lost files from external hard drive on Windows 7, XP, Vista, Windows 2003 and 2008 operating systems.
Steps to retain lost files from external hard drive on Mac are as follows:
1: Launch the installed demo version of external drive recovery software on healthy Mac computer. Home screen appears with three file recovery options as illustrated in Figure 1. Choose the "Recover Partitions/Drives" recovery option. Select "Partition Recovery" option from next display screen and click Next button.
Figure 1: Home Screen
2: Software shows the list of drives from which it can recover data as illustrated in Figure 2. Select the connected external hard drive and click on "Next" button.
Figure 2: Select External Hard Drive
3: Software starts scanning the selected external hard drive to locate and retrieve deleted, lost or inaccessible files. After completion of drive scanning, you will get list of recovered data from external HDD as illustrated in Figure 3. Select any file from recovered list and preview it. If you are satisfied with recovered results, buy the licensed version of the software to save recovered data.
Figure 3: Recovered Files from External HDD